Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blessed Charles de Foucauld

“My God, if you exist, let me come to know you.”

As soon as I believed there was a God, it was impossible for me not to live for him alone.

It is impossible for me to understand how anyone can love Jesus, and not desire to pattern their whole life on his.

Truly believe, with the faith which knows that nothing is impossible, which makes words like worry, danger or fear, lose all meaning.

O my God, how closely you were keeping me under your wings when I did not even believe you existed!

To pray is to think about Jesus and love him. The more we love the better we pray.

My religious vocation dates from the same moment as my faith: God is so great. There is such a difference between God and everything that is not.

The absence of risk is a sure sign of mediocrity.

"Let us be persons of desire and of prayer. Let us never believe anything to be impossible: GOD CAN DO ALL."

"It is impossible for me to understand how people can love and not seek to be like the beloved, not want to share all his sorrows, not desire ardently to pattern their life on him."

"Pray for me above all that I may have that burning, generous, passionate love that makes one love Jesus above all things. I don’t ask to feel that love, nor to feel that Jesus loves me, as long as I love him with all my soul, passionately and forever."

“My God, if you exist, let me come to know you.”

Prayer of Abandonment

Father, I abandon myself into Your hands; do with me what You will. Whatever You do I thank You. I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only Your will be done in me, as in all Your creatures, I ask no more than this, my Lord. Into Your hands I commend my soul; I offer it to You, O Lord, with all the love of my heart, for I love You, my God, and so need to give myself - to surrender myself into Your hands, without reserve and with total confidence, for You are my Father.

"We should never forget the two axioms: 'Jesus is with me' and whatever happens, happens by the will of God."

“The life of Nazareth is that of the majority of people, very much like their ordinary life. It is also that of religious who live a hidden, contemplative life and, at the same time, are in touch with the people around them.”

"the one thing we owe absolutely to God is never to be afraid of anything."

To serve others, I need gentleness, humility, abjection, and charity. In every sick person I should see, not a human being, but Jesus, and so should show him respect, love, compassion, joy, and gratitude at being able to serve him, zeal and gentleness. I should serve the sick as I do the poor, making myself do the lowliest services for them all, as Jesus washed the apostles' feet. I must tolerate the presence of evil people, as long as their wickedness is not corrupting others -- as Jesus tolerated Judas.

The Eucharist means God in us, God with us, God increasingly giving himself to us.

Let us be persons of desire and of prayer. Let us never believe anything to be impossible: God can do all.

Let us be afraid of one thing only, not to love Jesus enough.

The weakness of human means is a source of strength. Jesus is the Master of the Impossible.

They will take for their rule to ask themselves in everything, what JESUS would think or say or do at their place, and then do it.

No comments: